Friday 5 October 2018

Frost Giant Progress!

A quick update on the Frost Giant...

The final sculpting is now complete on the Front giant.  I still need to add skin texturing and may need to tidy up a couple of areas, but he's otherwise finished!


The Ice spears are finally attached to his back!
I deliberately chose a dynamic pose to really challenge myself with this sculpt - I'm very pleased with the final feet as they're a very difficult area to get right!

Painting the base

Base before painting...
The completed paint job.  I'm pleased with the ice chunks and can't wait to get the snow and scrubby plants onto the textured white areas!
Painted base from above.  I'll probably add a few more layers of gloss over the chunks of ice to give some more depth.
Considering it started life on a 60mm base, the Frost Giant has certainly grown during the process as he only just fits on this 120 X 92MM base!

 Then and now...

A considerable re-sculpt!



1 comment:

  1. Really has an eerie look to him with these gangly lims! I esspcially like the feet you sculpted. Can' wait to see what you do for the paintjob - what colour will you use for the skin?

    ReplyDelete